All ages are calculated from the competitors age on 31st of December for the year of competition.
Competitors remain in an age class for the whole calendar year (January 1st - December 31st) regardless of individual date of birth.
Leagues with events that cross the calendar year (January 1st - December 31st) carry the age classes over until the league has finished.
MBO Score events ALLOW teams of two riders to compete.
MTBO events usually do NOT allow teams of two.
Solos / Teams of two (Combined Age Range)
- Y18 = Youth (aged 15,16 or 17)
- M21 = Open Men (18 to 39) / (34* to 79)
- W21 = Open Women (18 to 39) / (34* to 79)
: *Note the M/W21 classes are Open; any age of rider 17+ can compete
- M40 = 40 to 49 / (80 to 99)
- W40 = 40 to 49 / (80 to 99)
- M50 = 50 to 60 / (100 to 120)
- W50 = 50 to 60 / (100 to 120)
- M60 = 60+ / (120+)
- W60 = 60+ / (120+)
Teams of two only
- X21 = Mixed (combined age 34* to 79)
- X40 = Mixed (combined age 80 to 99)
- X50 = Mixed (combined age 100+)
- X60 = Mixed (combined age 120+)
- G = Generation (Junior 12-14 / Youth 15-17 accompanied at all times by Adult 18+)
- T21 = Tandem (any age combination)
: *Note the X21 class is an Open Class; any age of rider 17+ can compete