MTBO Start and Finish
All National League, National Championship and Selection events must use the following start finish system. It is recommended that all MTBO events use this system.
Three minute start boxes leading up to start time.
- 3 minutes to start enter box 1, clear box for electronic punching.
- 2 minutes to start enter box 2, check box for electronic punching
- 1 minute to start, pick up map, competitor has this minute to read map and put map on map board
- Start time, competitor must vacate start box 3.
- The organisers must ensure competitors on the same course start at minimum 2 minute intervals.
- Finish control to be clearly marked and all routes to control clear of competitors.
- Finish control to placed on Control post.
- The finish control must not be hand held by a finish marshall.