Sport Ident Kit Hire
BMBO has a complete kit of SI equipment to run your events electronically.
- Cost is 50 pence per competitor. The hire fee covers you for the theft of control boxes (now £120 each), so you do not need to worry.
- The receiving organiser pays for transport of the SI kit, or arranges for collection from a previous event.
- Organisers shipping the kit can only claim back the Parcel Force Shipping Costs for Express48.
- Losses of other kit contents are the responsibility of the organiser, check contents on delivery and before despatch. Notify the SI manager of any missing items immediately.
- Competitors are charged £29 plus VAT for any lost hired SI Dibbers. The hiring organiser should collect the money from the competitor upon loss.
These are the BMBO conditions of use, if you do not accept them then do not hire the SI Kit.
Booking the SI Kit
All bookings are done online, via the Management Portal and your particular event. Simply tick the Box for SI Hire, save your event details and the request automatically goes to the SI manager. You will be informed via email if your booking is accepted or declined.
All National events get priority booking for the SI kit regardless of who booked first. After this bookings go to the earliest application date for SI Hire.
if you have any questions about the use of kit or bookings contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipping Sport Ident Kit
The organiser is responsible for Sport Ident Kit shipping costs to their event.
We have two laptop kits which allows organisers to arrange for collection of the SI laptop kit from previous events. The previous user should be able to hand over the laptop as soon as the event has finished so try and arrange for a competitor to collect it who is local to you, or enter the event yourself.
The Control Box Kit (14.9 kg) should be available if the controls are collected in promptly after an event.
If the kit needs shipping we recomend Parcel Force for delivery:
Express24 15 Kg £25.19
Express48 15 Kg £21.79
If sending the whole kit by Parcel Force, send it as a Consignment, this reduces the cost slightly:
Express24 30kg £43.19
Express48 30Kg £39.59
Costs are payable by the organiser receiving the kit. Zip Tie the catches closed.
Learning how to use the software
The BMBO laptops use Autodownload to run event results ( OE Score is no longer used by BMBO). Our laptop kits contain 4 control boxes and 6 dibbers allowing you to run test events to learn the software. Its very easy with a manual to help you through process. Get the kit early and reduce your worries before your event.
Autodownload Template File
We have created an event Template that you can "restore" into Autodownload. The file sets all your parameters for a BMBO Score event. While this file is also available on the laptops, we recommend downloading this file since it is guaranteed to be in working order.
We currently have a basic manual, it is being rewritten for the AGM workshop.
Sport Ident Kit Contents
BMBO has two Laptop Kits and one Kit of Control Boxes.
Laptop Kits weigh 15.1 kg and each box contains:
- Laptop (Autodownload)
- Epson Splits Printer
- USB Master Station (Reads SI Card 8 Dibbers)
- RS232 Master Station (Back up),
- Clear, Check, Start, 2 Finish boxes
- 4 control boxes and 3 dibbers. (For running test events)
Control Box Kit weighs 14.9 kg and contains:
- 36 Control Boxes
- 5 Nut Spinners (8mm)
- 40 U-clamps
- 36 Stainless Steel Cables ( 1m long)
- SI Card Wrist Bands
- 68 SI Card 5 dibbers